Who are the users of the Media Suite?
The Media Suite is being developed together with media scholars and oral historians as part of the CLARIAH infrastructure project (See: Who develops the Media Suite? ). It was intensively used and improved during the CLARIAH research pilot projects . It has also been was used at the CLARIAH summer school in 2018 , where film, television, new media scholars, linguists, oral historians, sociologists and archivists, among others, used the Media Suite in real research projects.
The Media Suite aims to serve the needs of a wide variety of scholars (e.g., film, television, and other media scholars, oral historians, political historians) interested in cultural data and audiovisual heritage of Dutch history and society.
Let us know in our Public forum if you have any suggestions to make the Media Suite support you better in your research!
These are some commens about the media suite by its users:
- You can watch so much content just from home or office, amazing.
- handy, very useful and helpful for researcher, makes me want to do research on so many things.
- I think all the functionalities are maturing, the user space, searching, ASR
- More stable
- Having access to large swathes of data that would be otherwise unavailable and benefitting from various tools to process it.
- Linking materials in the personal space
- The visualizations of material next to each other.
- Access to audiovisual material, ability to annotate.
- Prepared Notebook were great to work with
- ASR (!), workspace (bookmarks, saving queries, sorting per project), intuitive interface
- The best thing about the new version is the automatic speech recognition. The demonstration of this tool made me very curious and enthusiastic.
- The ease with which records can be searched, using all kinds of data (including OCR’d!)
- Easy to navigate, great to search across sections, possibilities of checking the quality metadata, possibility to work in personal user space (and, in the future, share notes and annotation with other researchers), manuals and help sections.
- The possibility to connect different kinds of records through annotations
Queries could be stored and used in comparison. Search is quite fast.
- Design (+)
- Its heading in the right direction!
(Last edit: March 7, 2019) . If you have any questions, please contact us .