In the Media Suite, a “User project” is defined as a sort of container for storing personal corpora and annotations created during search and analysis of the data available in the Media Suite. Some of the Qualitative Data Analysis (QDA) typically used by researchers, refer to user projects as “hermeneutic units” (in Atlas.ti) or “Projects” (in NVIVO).
In the Media Suite, for instance, a researcher can create a user project for a topic or for a research question, which will help her/him, among others, to:
- Group together entire items or fragments for creating a corpus (the so-called “ bookmarks ”),
- Add and retrieve manual annotations
- Store and compare saved queries
- Keep track of her/his browsing history (the so-called “navigation paths” in the Exploratory tool)
- Take screenshots of “tool sessions” (in Version 4 only available in the Exploratory tool).
See also the sections on how to work with User projects .
If you have any questions, please contact us .