Read our post in the FAQ on logging into the Media Suite here for some background information.
To log in, follow these steps:
- Go to the Media Suite
- Click on the “Log in” button at the top right of the page
- In the CLARIAH Digital Research Infrastructure interface, search for the name of your institution, or scroll through the list
- Select your institution
- Use your institutional credentials to log in, wait until the service connects
- You will arrive at the CLARIAH Media Suite workspace
See at our CLARIAH YouTube channel the Screencast: How to log in to the Media Suite
Limited access to the Media Suite can occur when:
- When your institution does not appear in the SURFConext list : This happens when you are prompted to the login page of The Media Suite, you search for your institution in the search box, and your institution is not listed there. Most academic and research institutions in the Netherlands are connected with SURFConext. If your institution is not in the list, this means your institution is not connected. This issue has to be solved by the Dutch university or research institution to which the researcher belongs to. Your institution also has to connect to the CLARIN service (that the Media Suite belongs to), in the local SURFconext settings. If your institute is not listed in the Media Suite, you have to ask your local ICT helpdesk to make this connection. Every institution has one or more SURFcontext maintainers/responsibles who should be able to do this for you.
- When you don’t have a Dutch institutional affiliation : This happens when you find the institution in the SURFconext list, but you don’t have valid credentials to log in. In Version 3, it is currently impossible to use the Media Suite without institutional credentials. We are working towards a solution for this situation in future versions.
- When a non-Dutch institution wants to have access to the Media Suite : This is impossible in Media Suite version 3. A possible solution may be to ask a Dutch host institution listed in the SURFConext institutions to create a temporary institutional account.